Dental Implants vs Dentures in Jacksonville Beach, FL
Dental implants in Jacksonville Beach with Dr. Darryl Field offered added benefits as a missing teeth solution.
Although dental implants and traditional dentures both provide patients with missing teeth solutions, dentures have different features that can be improved by the support of teeth implants.
Key Differences between Dentures and Dental Implants in Jacksonville Beach
• Dentures are made with plastics, acrylic and metals that can irritate the gum line of some patients. Dental implants are made from titanium, which the body easily accepts. It is also a decay resistant material. When it comes to finding comfortable missing teeth solutions, dental implants make sense.
• Dentures and dental implants also differ in terms of stability. Dentures function on the gum line and almost always slip and click at some point, making eating and talking uncomfortable. Dental implants are installed in the jaw bone, where they mimic real teeth roots to provide a permanent, dependable smile that stays put.
• Dentures are designed to replace a lot of missing teeth. Dental implants can replace one or 15 missing teeth; whatever you need, dental implants work.
• Dentures do not typically last as long as dental implants. Dentures wear down and need to be replaced often. Dental implants, with proper care, can last for decades.
• Dental Implants can prevent bone loss. Dentures rest on the gums and do not stimulate the jaw bone, which leads to deterioration. Dental implants protect bone because they are placed in the jaw where they provide daily stimulation to keep it healthy.
When it comes to missing teeth solutions that feel comfortable, look natural, and function with excellence, dental implants make sense. If you are interested in learning more about dental implants, please call us today for a dental implant consultation with Dr. Field.